Friday 18 December 2015

Cinematic Review of the Year

It's been an active year for cinema. This is what I've seen, in arbitrarily judged descending order of quality. Most of them have reviews either here or at the Bad Movie Marathon.

Family
That's right; my daughter is now old enough to actually watch films with us (she is very much looking forward to The Jungle Book next year.) The films we went to see together, either just the two of us or with Hanna, are, in descending order:

  • Inside Out
  • The Good Dinosaur
  • Cinderella
  • Minions
  • Shaun the Sheep
The Good Dinosaur and Cinderella were actually both pretty good, but The Good Dinosaur made me cry, and Arya wanted to see it again despite howling through much of it.


Dates
I don't get to see many movies with my partner, Hanna, since Cambridge and Ipswich have different chains and therefore different cinema cards now. What we did get to see, again in descending order, was:

  • Age of Ultron (half of it anyway, second watch for both of us, called due to illness)
  • Into the Woods

Damn. We really don't get to the cinema much (although four of the five family movies we were both there.)

Just Me
So, most of my cinema watching is just me. Sometimes I go with friends, but I usually need to hit an earlier showing than most people can make, as I have flexible hours and a long commute. In descending order:

  • Fury Road
  • The Martian
  • Ex-Machina
  • Ant-Man
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  • Mockingjay - Part 2
  • Jurassic World
  • Chappie
  • The Man from UNCLE
  • Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
  • Jupiter Ascending
  • Spectre
  • Kingsman
  • Terminator: Genisys
  • Tomorrowland
  • Victor Frankenstein
  • American Ultra
  • Insurgent (actually, I only caught this on DVD, but it was out this year in the cinema)
  • The Last Witch Hunter
  • The Scorch Trials
  • Fantastic Four
  • Seventh Son

No comments:

Post a Comment