Friday 9 January 2015

The Flash - The Man in the Yellow Suit

No, really; I'm the good guy. Let me in.
It's Christmas, and time for Barry to confront his demons. This is both a figurative and a literal thing, as for the first time in his life he opens up to Iris and tells her how he feels, and is then confronted by the man in the yellow suit who killed his mother; the man who calls himself 'the Reverse Flash'. As if this weren't enough, Caitlin realises that the metahuman known as the Burning Man is her fiance Ronnie, thought to have been killed in the Star Labs explosion two years before.

Wow! This was a rollercoaster of a mid-season finale and no mistake, putting Barry and Caitlin - and indeed Iris, who clearly has been shaken by Barry's admission of his feelings for her - through the emotional wringer, as well as featuring our first speedsters duel and the emergence of Firestorm. My shippy side hopes that with Iris moving in with Eddie and Ronny abandoning his human identity, Barry and Caitlin will get their shot, but the nerd side of me is still expecting Eddie to become the Reverse-Flash (or, it would seem, a Reverse-Flash, and that's okay because there are almost as many of them as there are Flashes) and Caitlin to end up as Killer Frost.

But I digress. Looking back, I was amazed by how much they fitted in to this episode, which didn't seem particularly rushed or overcrowded. The revelations came thick and fast, and I'm excited to see where we're going. I also hope that his defeat at the hands of the Reverse-Flash will inspire Barry to get some serious training from Oliver, because I'm enjoying the crossovers when they happen and because I like the idea of superhumans having to practice as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment