Tuesday 1 November 2016

Choices - 'The Blacklist'

Dembe and Red: PIs
So, this is a first for me. I'm choosing to give up on a show that is not merely watchable, but actually good.

The Blacklist had a very strong freshman year, but flagged for me in its sophomore as it got more into the backstory of Elizabeth Keane and her relationship with ex-fake husband Tom; the parts of the equation that I really didn't care about so much. I didn't like Red, but James Spader's charisma was undeniable, and the Keanes didn't have that. Consequently, I didn't care if Elizabeth was a Russian sleeper or a loyal FBI agent or a fugitive or a music teacher from Des Moines, or dead.

And that was it. The big double twist at the end of season 2 left me basically unmoved, and at that point, I'm clearly not invested, so for all the bits that I did like, I've got way too much backed up to watch to carry on with The Blacklist. t's not Hooten & the Lady and it's certainly no Hunters, so I wish it well for the future. In time, I might even come back and catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment