Thursday 10 March 2016

Trailer Reactions - Ghostbusters and Civil War: Trailer 2


Okay, so... I talked about this before; about how my problem with this concept was how hot the director was on reinvention, instead of creating a sequel. Based on the opening of this trailer, I felt hopeful, although the rest of it didn't suggest any real connection to the original movie. Still; hope, right?

Okay, good things... All right; nothing really popped at me, and that's bad. The humour seemed pretty low brow, there wasn't enough action to see if that looked any good, and as for the CGI; let's just say I'm hoping they had to run the trailer without finishing the full effects work. The characters are fairly straight c/ps of the original crew (the wisecracker, the alpha nerd, the not quite either and the down to Earth one,) although there's some shuffling of traits, with the much commented unfortunate side effect that the black one is kind of the driver.

Still; it's just the trailer.

I don't have a huge problem with any of the performances or the little we see of the characters beyond the audience. The new tech has a decent look which works towards the idea that they are building on what came before. I guess I want this to be good, but then I really wanted to like Ghostbusters II and that was a bit of a ball-kick.

Since this is the international trailer, I also feel the need to ask: Does anyone else think Hemsworth's native Aussie accent makes him sound like Hugh Laurie?


The new Civil War trailer continues to make me sad, but I think in a good way. The tension is becoming clearer, and also Underoos. I think this one is going - and should - be a rough ride, and my greatest worry is that they'll try for some pat wrap up and try to leave us all feeling good by the end of it. We shouldn't feel good by the end of this film. We should get a brief lift from the teaser for Doctor Strange, but basically be looking to Daredevil for light relief until at least Infinity War Part 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment